If you are considering a trip to the Dominican Republic (more specifically to Punta Cana), you must check out this travel blog! We discuss our tips, tricks & insight about Punta Cana, & where to stay in Punta Cana (the Lopesan Costa Bavaro)! If you don't want to read about this trip, watch our YouTube series HERE!
WE CAN BOOK IT FOR YOU!
Click 'Book My Trip' below, fill out the questionnaire, & I'll get everything set up for you and on your way to the Lopesan Costa Bavaro in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic!
If you truly want to be 'a part' of our adventures and get a real, first-hand experience, definitely check out our YouTube videos in Punta Cana Dominican Republic!
As you can probably tell from our video (WATCH IT HERE) & the location of this incredible resort, it was definitely one of our favorite locations to stay!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT (click HERE to see the resort map):
Now that you have a quick snapshot of the hotel, see our PUNTA CANA PACKING LIST ⬇⬇⬇
Whether you're interested in a Cruise, guided tour, group trip, independent international travel or just a weekend get-away, and even that bucket list adventure... we can assist you with that!
Click 'Lets Go!' & lets start this adventure together!
Trust us, the higher coverage, the better... especially in Punta Cana!!
Sun Bum has the BEST smell, does NOT give you that 'burning' sensation, is water-resistant up to 80 minutes, and most importantly, OCEAN & REEF FRIENDLY! Before leaving the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana), we noticed a deeper tan with the higher SPF coverage vs the lower!
Not sure if it's just a me thing, but somehow, something ALWAYS happens to the ONE pair of sunglasses that I bring... and then I end up buying a pair that I don't really like that much... tell me I'm not alone here that this happens too?! Don't let your accessories make your vacation to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana), a negative one!
If you DON'T have a waterproof camera on your Punta Cana trip... we need to have a serious talk! The GoPro 8 is our MAIN camera for everything, even our YouTube videos. Giving you 4K videos, amazing photos, incredible stabilization, & it's super compact! Check out our Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) videos, and you will understand!
Call me a germaphobe, but the idea of utilizing a snorkel set from the resort or a tour, that multiple other people have used... nah, I'm good! This one can get tight enough for my small head and larger enough for our son's (bigger) head & of course these water fins are the perfect size for your carry-on!
When you get to Punta Cana, exploring can be fun, but be sure to take your 'small' essentials with you in a small backpack of some sort! And if you are going ANYWHERE there will be water, take a dry bag or dry-pack backpack instead! There is nothing worse than wanting to take your cell phone, other electronics, & a pair of clothes & try to keep them dry!!
Do NOT leave home without this! Yes, Punta Cana will have chapstick, but IT WILL COST DOUBLE! The sun gets hot and since most of the time you will be either in the sun or salty ocean, you will want to keep your lips from getting fried and dried out! Once again Sun Bum SPF 30 is one of our favorites!
We each brought 4 of these guys on our recent Dominican Republic trip! Living in Florida, we are out on the ocean & beach as much as possible and because of that, we now incorporate these SPF/UPF Shirts on every vacation and beach trip that we go on. Nate & Blake's SPF preference (men's), and my SPF preference (woman's).
I know this sounds like an odd one, but these were the BEST random items that we brought with us. We are those people who like to get in a 'last ocean swim' before we catch our plane home... of course, this leaves us with soaking wet bathing suits! So we bring a few empty Ziploc baggies for those last-minute wet items & then throughout the week, we throw all our dirty clothes into a garbage sack. That way, we know what is dirty & what is clean, and we only have to do 9 loads of laundry vs 10!
Oh, and you might also bring one or two regular sized plastic grocery bags to put your sandy shoes inside! You are welcome!!
I can't tell you how many times this portable solar charger has been a HUGE lifesaver, especially because we are NOT always conveniently sitting next to an electrical outlet.
'I want to stay inside for an hour to charge my phone, while on vacation in Punta Cana'...
SAID NO ONE EVER!
And this one is pretty rugged, so if it gets a little wet or dusty because you are out exploring, no big deal! Make sure to give it a good charge via a wall charger before you use it. The solar charge works, but it's a slow charge.
Now that we have been to the Lopesan Costa Bavaro in Punta Cana two times, we learned we miss calculated our packing the first time & even the second time.... third times the charm right? 🤦♀️ (this is based on 6 days of travel & in a carry-on only, no checked bags)
Become a part of the Adventure Encounters squad and be the first to hear about where our next travel destination will be, our insight on locations we stay (like Punta Cana) & adventures that we take via our travel blog, plus a few extras! BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM/ PROMOTIONS BOX REGULARLY!
1. Download all these apps prior to leaving home (unless you have an unlocked phone, or a an International plan)
2. Print off ALL your travel information and take it with you!!
Let's be honest... all of your travel details will be on your phone & most of the time, this is how you will gain access to them but trust me when I say.... PAPER COPIES ARE A HUGE HELP, and here's WHY I suggest you print ALL your travel documents to take with you:
QUICK TIP: Be sure to stick a pen in your carry-on backpack/bag... 99.999% of the time, the airlines (especially while on the plane) won't have any pens to fill these papers out and that's when chaos begins.
QUICK TIP #2: Take screenshots of your travel details as well. There is a barcode (e-ticket) that you will need to utilize for entry & exit from the Dominican Republic (see that website here), & I suggest you complete the form via cell phone & take a screen shot of the barcode!)
3. Pack a few snacks & an refillable water bottle for your flight... I don't know about you, but as soon as we step foot into the airport, we see all the snacks & beverages, then end up paying double for a Snickers bar, Pringles & water 🤦♀️ and then do it AGAIN while ON THE FLIGHT 🤦♀️🤦♀️ Don't be like us 😂
QUICK TIP: Most airlines allow you to have a free personal item (purse/backpack) & after flying a bazillion times, I found there are specific items that will come in handy to have immediate access too vs being in your carry-on luggage up above your head. These items are:
4. Book your airport transport prior to arriving in Punta Cana if your resort doesn't offer it. The Lopesan Costa Bavaro didn't offer a direct transfer. I can help you set it up HERE or make sure you book it online (you can book separately on Orbitz or Expedia too by clicking 'cars', then 'airport tansportation'). For a personal transfer (3-6 people) to the Lopesan Costa Bavaro, you should expect to pay $17 - $30. Click HERE to check rates yourself.
5. Grab a taxi and make a friend- there is no shortage of taxi's in the area, especially at the airport & even around your hotel (unless you are out in the sticks). We only used a taxi a couple of times (yes, they can be a little more spendy but very convenient for last minute use). But Most of your taxi drivers have a business card with their contact information on it & they are pretty quick to answer!
QUICK TIP: Most of the locals use WhatsApp to communicate (see my list of suggest apps on #1 above)
QUICK TIP #2: TAXI'S ONLY TAKE CASH, so make sure you set a price BEFORE you jump in!
6. Grab an Uber - Punta Cana just added Uber to their network of transport in 2022. We personally have never used it in Punta Cana Dominican Republic, so I can't tell you exactly how it works or where you would meet at the airport. But, I would assume it is the same interface as the USA & the other 84 countries that Uber operates in!
7. Rent a car - Either rent a car ahead of time HERE, rent one at the airport, or at your resort. Again, we personally have never driven in Punta Cana, but it looked a little intense & a bit chaotic at the same time, especially during the weekend! Just make sure to have some sort of guidance when you drive (maps.me or offline Google Maps)!
8. Bring tip money/cash
With travel being a passion for us, we understand how important it is to you when you are ready to spend your hard-earned vacation money! And we pride ourselves on giving you the same time & effort as if we were planning a vacation for ourselves.
We know time is of the essence and want to ensure we utilize it to its fullest potential when we book your next vacation. The process of researching and putting together a customized, bespoke proposal that matches your travel desires takes time. On average, we spend 15 hours working on a trip from initial discussion through your arrival back home.
When you are ready, go ahead & fill out the travel request form below,
& we will get started on designing your next amazing vacation.
My team & I look forward to working with you!
-Ashley from the Adventure Encounters
USE PROMO CODE: LCB200
(This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you)
Copyright © 2022 Adventure Encounters - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy