Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Staying in Los Angeles California and looking for things to do? In this travel blog we show you our room at the InterContinental (watch our review HERE) and give you our honest opinions, along with a list of things to do in & around Los Angeles California!
After reading our input (below) on the InterContinental Los Angeles (or maybe you watched it), and you are ready to book this hotel...
WE CAN BOOK IT FOR YOU!
Click 'Book My Trip' below, fill out the couple of questions, & I'll get everything set up for you and on your way to the InterContinental in Los Angeles California
If you truly want to be 'apart' of our adventures and get a true, first-hand experience, definitely check out our YouTube videos in California!
Become a part of the Adventure Encounters squad and be the first to hear about where our next travel destination will be, our insight on locations we stay & adventures that we take via our travel blog, plus a few extras (like more insight on Los Angeles)!
As you can probably tell from our video (WATCH IT HERE) & the location of this incredible hotel, it was definitely on the 'High End' range as far as price & luxury. And we think it was worth it... BUT there were a few CONs to staying here... let us explain!
I'll just say these first... THE CONS... because we all know there will be one or two!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
⬇ FIRST CHECK THESE WEBSITES BELOW FOR DISCOUNTS ON THINGS TO DO IN LA ⬇
Below are some must-do things in Los Angeles & the surrounding area. No, we haven't had the chance to do all of these suggested items, but my real hope is to help you choose the adventures that best suit you, that are the top-ranked, and are things that we personally have on our list to do & check out!
Three of our favorite beach areas to check out, which have a ton of little shops, restaurants and offer a TON of people watching, & we think are a must! (#1 is the closest to the InterContinental Los Angeles, and the other 2 are just a little further).
Both of these areas are only about 7-8 miles away from the InterContinental Los Angeles
Let me reassure you... Los Angeles has no shortage of shopping! Here are a couple hot spots for you shopaholics in the heart of the city.
BEST FREE THINGS TO DO IN LA! Obviously, you will need a car for this... but these few drives are well worth it! For a rental car, we always use Orbitz (click here) and always find the best rate too (FYI).
Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis with something to offer everyone. From the iconic Hollywood sign to the world-famous beaches, there's no shortage of things to see and do in LA. But before you start planning your trip, there are a few things we think you need to know.
1. IS IT SAFE TO TRAVEL TO LOS ANGELES? YES, it is safe. We travel to LA weekly and have never had any issues. But I also know if we travel to an area we have never been to, we always proceed with some 'caution' (if you will). Honestly, the worst thing we have dealt with is the homeless & panhandling. Unfortunately, ever since Covid hit & the shutdowns occurred back in 2020, downtown Los Angeles has gotten pretty overrun by people experiencing homelessness & that does put a damper on visiting.
2. WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN LOS ANGELES? On average, you can expect a sunny day when you visit Los Angeles. Much of California has a Mediterranean-like climate with warm, dry summers and mild, wet winters. I would be sure to pack a light sweater or jacket, even in the summer months! Nights can cool down pretty quickly & be a bit chilly. On the coast, the average daily high temperature hovers around 70°F and up but can occasionally spike to 80°F or more on the hottest summer days; freezing temperatures are rare, even in winter. But that does not guarantee you will get a day without the smog cover, especially over downtown Los Angeles! As I mentioned before, we frequent LA regularly, & we have only experienced two times when Los Angeles did not have a smog cover or 'thick fog' hanging over the city. You truly only notice this when you are up hiking near the Hollywood sign or when you can see LA from a distance.
3. TRAFFIC CAN BE A NIGHTMARE! Los Angeles has some of the worst traffic in the country. So, if you plan on driving, be prepared to sit in traffic. If you want to try and avoid traffic, I suggest taking public transportation, rent a bike, or an electric scooter with Lime or Bird. These options tend to be the quickest way to get around Los Angeles.
4. AVOID LAX (LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT) IF YOU CAN - If you can avoid flying into the Los Angeles International Airport, DO IT! LAX is not only one of the busiest airports in the USA, but it is also incredibly confusing & widely spread out! We have flown to LAX a handful of times & now try to avoid it like the plague! We suggest flying into one of the smaller airports on LA's outskirts. One of our favorite & relatively small airports is Ontario International Airport (ONT), & we still fly into regularly. Another option is the Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR).
5. HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD I BUDGET FOR A TRIP TO LOS ANGELES? The amount of money you budget for a trip to Los Angeles will depend on your travel style and budget. However, you can expect to spend around $200 to $300 per day on average, including accommodation, food, transportation, and activities. One of our favorite ways to save some money, especially on things to do & food, we suggest you check Groupon before you pay for ANYTHING!
Ashley sitting at the rooftop bar
With travel being a passion for us, we understand how important it is to you when you are ready to spend your hard-earned vacation money! And we pride ourselves on giving you the same time & effort as if we were planning a vacation for ourselves.
We know time is of the essence and want to ensure we utilize it to its fullest potential when we book your next vacation. The process of researching and putting together a customized, bespoke proposal that matches your travel desires takes time. On average, we spend 15 hours working on a trip from initial discussion through your arrival back home.
When you are ready, go ahead & fill out the travel request form below,
& we will get started on designing your next amazing vacation.
My team & I look forward to working with you!
-Ashley from the Adventure Encounters
*Disclosure: We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions expressed here, are our own. This post contains affiliate links that are no additional cost to you, but we may earn a small commission. So if you decide to use our links to buy anything, we really appreciate it! It helps support our website and for us to continue to make videos and more content like this website. Thank you for your support.
Copyright © 2023 Adventure Encounters - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy