If you were looking for Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville Resort in Key West... well, look no further. As of early 2021, the Margaritaville Key West was officially bought by Opal Collection Resorts & has been officially renamed to Opal Key Resort & Marina Key West.
If you are considering a vacation to Key West Florida, and debating on a place to stay, maybe we can help! On our most recent vacation to the Florida Keys, we actually stayed at four different locations. The first was at the Hyatt Place on Marathon Key (watch the review), which was the perfect 'in-between' stop to our 2nd location in Key West, which was Casa Marina Resort. After that disappointing stay (watch to learn why), we drove back up to Islamorada to meet family & stayed at the Pelican Cove Resort (watch or read that review). Then finally back south to our 4th and final destination, Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville Key West, which has actually changed names to Opal Key Resort & Marina! Watch that review HERE!
As you do your research, you'll notice there are multiple locations with large variations of prices when staying in Key West. Opal Key Resort (Margaritaville Key West), hits in the 'middle' range of cost per day. Ill be honest, Key West is one of the more expensive Florida Keys to stay on. So if you're planning this vacation on a budget, I would highly suggest staying on a different Florida Key and just visit Key West for the day.
Become a part of the Adventure Encounters squad and be the first to hear about where our next travel destination will be, our insight on locations we stay & adventures that we take via our travel blog, plus a few extras!
Speaking of cost, here was our cost breakdown for a one night stay in a 'standard room with 2 queen beds and a view' at the (then) Margaritaville Key West.
$294 @ 1 night
+ $96.75 (taxes, resort & parking fees)
= $390.75 🤯
- 3.5% (Rakuten cash back)
- $13 (Orbucks from Orbitz)
✅ SAVINGS HACK ✅
We had 2 discounts applied to bring the price down just a smidge (you can get these discounts as well). I know its not much, but a buck is a buck is a buck...right?! We use Rakuten rewards & Orbitz rewards programs together. Both are free to join, and they essentially give you cash back when you use their websites.
‼️ FIRST IMPORTANT STEPS to saving on your stay...
1. Join Rakuten ( all you need is an email )
2. Once signed up for Rakuten, SEARCH ORBITZ ( on Rakutens site) ➡️ this is where your 1st discount will be received! ( Cash back % will show).
3. Click 'Shop Now' to activate % cash back & be directed to Orbitz site
‼️ FINAL STEPS to second discount...
4. Once on Orbitz, search your destination, select the flights/hotel/rooms you want
5. BEFORE SUBMITTING FOR PAYMENT, create a login ➡️ this is were your 2nd discount is built/received by getting 'Orbucks'.
Just like anything, you gotta put in a little 'behind the scenes' work to saving that hard earned vacation money!
ALSO CHECK the following for other possible savings:
1. Margaritaville/ Opal Key Resort website ( Florida residents discount, military discounts, etc)
2. Groupon (a great place for multiple hotel discounts, including things to do in the Florida Keys)
3. Costco Travel ( must be a member with Costco)
4. VRBO ( vacation homes/ condos for rent )
Whether you're interested in a Cruise, guided tour, group trip, independent international travel or just a weekend get-away, and even that bucket list adventure... we can assist you with that!
Click 'Lets Go!' & lets start this adventure together!
Here's a quick 'preview' as to what you can expect when you stay at the Opal Key Resort:
• $20 daily parking fee (you will find MOST hotels/ resorts in the Keys charge a DAILY parking fee & a one time resort fee)
• Non guests can also use parking garage (fee)
• Can park boat at the Marina in a slip (no jetski's), but they don't have trailer parking
• No parking for trailers (boats/ jetski's) on sight, must take to City Marina, but cannot leave vessel on trailer at City Marina
• $40 resort fee
• NO BEACH ( see a list of beaches in Key West)
• Free In Room coffee
• Resort discounts/deals (check their website & the above website we mentioned in the 'cost breakdown & savings hack' section)
• Onsite dining & Pool Bar
• Best place to catch a sunset (Mallory Square)
• Within walking distance to literally EVERYTHING in Key West! Be warned, comfy shoes are best to wear for longer walks!!
And as always, if you enjoyed my rambling, and you would like to hear more, be sure to sign up for our blog posts. And if you REALLY like us, we would so much appreciate you sharing this with someone else ❤
The referral of your friends & family is the greatest compliment you can give us!
(Be sure to check your SPAM folder often if you don't see an email message from The Adventure Encounters in the near future!)
Thank you for your trust & Happy Adventures!
- Ashley, (Nate & Blake)
Copyright © 2022 Adventure Encounters - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy